Thursday, May 12, 2011

In Rehearsal with Light Opera Works:Q&A with Emilie Lynn





















Hello once again Blog Buddies! Kyle here again. Last week I chatted with the hilarious Maggie Portman who is playing Meg in our upcoming production of Brigadoon. The show is now in its third week of rehearsals and is looking great. This week I have an interview with the beautiful, and extremely talented performer Emilie Lynn who is playing Jane, Tommy's sophisticated New York fiancee. Don't forget to check back next Thursday for another Q and A!

Full given name: Emilie Rose Frake (now Lynn)

Hometown: Vernon Hills, IL

Current audition song: Just one? “Let Me Be Your Wings” by Barry Manilow

Special skills: I can burp on command.

First musical you ever saw: The Sound of Music…my grandmother was Mother Abbess in the production!

Three favorite musicals: Spring Awakening, Into the Woods, Les Misérables

The one performance – attended - that you will never forget: Spring Awakening in St. Louis. First time I saw it…it just blew my mind. I had never seen something like it…it really opened up a new world of musical theater to me.

What has been your most embarrassing moment on stage? West Side Story in college…I was Maria and it was the last scene right after Tony dies. I screamed “Don’t you touch him” so loud that it “woke up” the dead Tony (he jumped) and everyone on stage started laughing.

MAC or PC? PC

Most played song on your iPod: I don’t own an iPod…wah waaaaaah

Last book you read: Ugh oh, you caught me! I don’t even remember!

Last good movie you saw: "Beauty and the Beast" Yes, that one. ;-)

Must-see TV show: Parenthood!

Three greatest TV shows of all time: "Rugrats", "Friends", "Parenthood"

Performer you would drop everything to go see: Martina McBride. LOVE. HER.

Tell me the story of your First stage kiss: BAHAHAHA. Um, totally awkward. Again, West Side Story…my Tony and I were so awkward kissing that our director instructed me to practice with him off-stage. SO WEIRD.

Favorite or most memorable onstage role as a child/teenager: It has to be playing Maureen in Rent. That cast became family and that role changed me as a performer. I was forced out of my box and had to stretch myself completely. It was so rewarding!

Worst job you ever had: Fitting room attendant at Target.

Who would play you in the movie? Rachel McAdams

Three things you can't live without: My husband, hard candy, red wine

Finish this sentence: "I'll never understand why…" my cats lick plastic.

Click here for tickets to Brigadoon

No comments:

Post a Comment